PALS Provider Manual eBook
Format : eBook | Product Code : 15-3120 | ISBN 13 : 978-1-61669-546-0
The PALS Provider Manual eBook contains all of the information students need to know to successfully complete the PALS Course. The PALS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC. The PALS Provider Manual is designed for use by a single student as a reference tool pre- and post-course. It is also used as a clinical reference. The PALS course uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
Topics covered include:
• The systematic approach to assess and treat a seriously ill or injured infant/child
• Recognition and management of cardiac arrest
• Basic child and infant life support skills
• Effective resuscitation team dynamics
• Recognition and management of respiratory distress and failure, including airway management
• Recognition and management of shock, including vascular access
• Recognition and management of arrhythmias, including electrical therapy
• Post-cardiac arrest care
This manual also gives students access to a website containing additional information and reference materials to help them successfully complete the course.
A separate supplementary tool, the PALS Digital Pocket Reference Card (product #15-3121), is automatically included with the purchase of the PALS Provider Manual eBook. It is the electronic equivalent of the printed PALS Pocket Reference Card Set.
NOTE: Prior to purchasing an AHA eBook for a classroom-based course, students should check with their Instructor or Instructor’s Training Center Coordinator to ensure that mobile devices will be allowed in the classroom.